arenting is difficult, especially if you don’t have a support network of family and friends and even then it can be challenging.
As parents, we know the choices we make in the first five years of our child’s life can be the most impactful. We also know how difficult it can be making those choices on your own.
About Families Inc. is a friendly, non-profit organization created by parents, for parents offering a one-of-a-kind local resource center for families from all walks of life.
Providing education, support, and resources through a network of professionals and community members, About Families Inc. helps new parents take on the emotional, mental, and physical challenges of parenthood, enabling them to make informed choices for their families.
About Families Inc. represents a new paradigm in family education and support. Our success is dependent on new families knowing about the services we offer, so please help us by referring friends, telling your OBGYN about us, and spreading the word.
ur mission is to provide ongoing education and support for new families across the Coachella Valley, helping them adjust to their new role as parent by providing a support structure comprising knowledgeable professionals in our community. Our long-term vision is to:
- Breastfeeding clinics facilitated by our volunteer Lactation Consultant
- Conscious Parenting groups providing nonjudgmental support and education
- Postpartum Support groups facilitated by our volunteer Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Offer a free postpartum Doula visit to all new families in the Coachella Vally
- Found a parent-child/early childhood education center to include co-op daycare
- Open a freestanding birth and education center in Coachella Valley.
About Families Inc. – Supporting Families in our Community
We offer a range of classes and support groups to help new families prepare for pregnancy and birth, adjust to the new arrival, and become conscious parents.
e provide a full range of prenatal classes to inform and help prepare new parents. From Informed Childbirth
which explains the development of the baby and the changes mom-to-be will experience, Breastfeeding Basics
, and Newborn Care
– our classes will prepare you for the adventure ahead. To keep you fit and relaxed during your pregnancy and teach you how to breathe deeply, we offer Prenatal Yoga
– a great way to meet other expectant moms.
fter the baby is born the hard work starts, so we provide a support network of professionals as well as mommy support groups
. Whether it’s chatting to our lactation consultants at out breastfeeding clinics ,
getting back into shape with Mommy & Me Yoga,
or having the support and friendship of other moms at our facilitated Postpartum Support Group
, who are sharing the same experiences, our center provides a safe haven where everyone is welcome.
ecoming a parent is a life-changing transition for both moms and dads. The transition is made easier with our Conscious Parenting
groups that provide a nonjudgmental environment to give and receive support. Socializing is an important part of a child’s development, so our Toddlers Time
group provides fun and stimulation for your little ones as you have a chance to relax, unwind, and enjoy the companionship of other parents.